Monday, December 2, 2019

Christmas Cards for Germany

I had a wonderful Thanksgiving weekend.  Sydney came over for our annual "toast the bread for stuffing and watch TV in bed"  day before Thanksgiving.  For a change to the usual pancakes that John makes when Sydney comes over, he made waffles.  After an enjoyable Thanksgiving breakfast, the kitchen became quite busy (and messy for a while)! I enjoy having our family and friends here every year for Thanksgiving.  I see them all sitting at different tables and hear the laughter and see the joy in their faces and actions and my heart is full of thankfulness.  I truly am blessed.

A couple of days before Thanksgiving, I had been working on cards for our German "family".  Since my Cricut was out, I used it to make and cut out a snowflake.  I chose the snowflake image I wanted to use and cut it out on Whisper White cardstock.  I then adhered the white snowflake to a blue shimmery paper layer on a white card base.  Since I had the white layer with the negative space, I layered that onto a shimmery blue layer. It looked like I had cut out a shimmery blue snowflake, too.  The sentiment was stamped with Versamark Ink and then embossed with silver embossing powder.  The finishing touch was a little rhinestone in the center of each snowflake.  Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment