Monday, April 3, 2017

Weekend With Sydney

Sydney and I got to spend some time together this weekend before her Spring Break ends.  We were mostly down in the scrap room working on a variety of things.  We worked on baby shower favors for Sydney's Aunt Ida.   She die cut 50  airplanes after I stamped them.  She then started to fill in a Swatch Booklet that I purchased to keep track of my Copic marker colors.  She probably filled in about half of my colors. And then, like Grandma Gay, she got side-tracked!!!  She wanted to make a card for her Grandmum as she recovers from surgery.  So I introduced Sydney to creating a background using Distress Inks and Clarity brushes.  She practiced on a small piece of cardstock and then went to work on her card.  The images and sentiment are from Lawn Fawn stamp sets and coordinating dies.  Since she was going to be seeing Grandmum, I made a card for Grandmum, too.  For my card I used a Fancy Scalloped Rectangle Stackable die from Lawn Fawn and the Nature Birdhouse die from Gina Marie Designs.  By the time we were done, it was time for a snack~~brownie topped with ice cream!  Thanks for the fun weekend and all of your help, Sydney. (And thank you Jenny for bringing her out and picking her up!)  Have a great day everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment