Monday, December 7, 2020

Charlie

 

John and I have been looking to adopt a small dog for a good 6 weeks.  Many of you know that we are all for rescuing dogs.  If you want a big dog, there are many available.  And many of them are puppies, too.  And so many are beautiful.  Matt has four rescues and they are the best dogs.  But, I wanted something I could handle for the rest of his and our lives.  I have filled out many applications and put in my bid for almost a dozen dogs at various rescues.  One in particular, North Central Maltese rescue had a handsome little guy named Pete.  He was a poodle mix and about two years old.  I started filling out the application and in red it stated that if you are over 62 years of age, you can only adopt dogs that are six years or older.  Another asked in their application where the dog would sleep?  I answered in his crate in the laundry room.  There were two dogs there that I was interested in.  Unfortunately, my answer was wrong.  She thanked me for applying.  And for my information, a dog should never be separated from his or her human at night.  If any other dogs became available, they would contact me. Matt took me to the Winnebago County shelter to look at a dog, but I could only look.  Luckily, his family came and claimed him.  The others I was looking at were all adopted or spoken for before me.

So, John and I decided to buy a dog from a breeder.  And so yesterday, we brought Charlie home.  We are happy to have a dog in our house again.  He is a Shih-Tzu, 9 1/2 weeks old and as cute as a button!   And he slept thru the night in his kennel and it was  dry when John woke up this morning!  I wanted a little dog that would keep me moving!  He does that, too.  He is in need of a grooming, but we will wait until after his vet appointment this week.  Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment