Monday, November 9, 2020

Red Poppies

The other day I made a card using My Favorite Things' Painted Poppies stamp set.  As pretty as red poppies are, their significance is what makes them even more beautiful.  The red poppy commemorates those who gave their lives in World War I and all wars after.  Here we celebrate Veteran's Day and in England and other countries they celebrate Remembrance Day.  Here in the United States imitation poppies are distributed around Memorial Day and Veterans Day when donating to the American Legion   I remember as a child, my parents putting coins into the donation can.  The one of us kids with them at that time, is the one who got to wear it and keep it.  It is just in the last couple of years, that I have not run across a special person standing outside the Jewel with poppies and the little can.  Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment