Monday, January 6, 2020

Sending Hugs

Over the weekend I read that someone on Facebook was making cards for an organization, Cards for Little Hearts.   I looked up the organization on the Internet and decided I would participate in this month's heart-themed cards collection . Handmade cards are donated and distributed to two hospitals in Ohio:  Nationwide Children's Heart Hospital in Columbus and The University Hospitals Rainbow Babies and Children's Hospital in Cleveland.  February is heart month.  During that month, children (ages 1-college age) who are living with congenital heart disease are showered with cards to uplift them.  They do not accept Valentine's Day card, but the cards are heart-themed.

Today's card was created using a stamp set by Stacey Yakula, Heart Balloons.  This card was quite simple to make.  I used a framelit for the "hugs" and the"sending" is from another stamp set.  I stamped directly on the white cardstock, so there was no need to use a die or a machine to cut out the image.  I like Stacey Yakula's stamp sets and I found a website, Purple Onion Designs, that has a number of her stamps.  The Heart Balloons stamp  is one of a few that I purchased.  Isn't it cute?  You can read about the organization at www.cardsforlittlehearts.com  Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment