Thursday, August 8, 2019

Last Mermaid Card

Today's card is the last of my mermaid cards for awhile.  Before adding anything to the white cardstock layer, I spattered Resist Spray on it.   Once dry, I created the background using Distress Inks and a makeup brush. I have been seeing more and more people using these brushes with their inks.  I purchased the set at Amazon for $9.  I used a few of the brushes and they worked really well when blending ink on the white cardstock.  They were easier to use than the blending brushes and sponges that I have been using.  That being said, before brushing ink on cardstock, I first tap on scrap paper as the brushes easily pick up the ink and I don't want ovals of ink on the card.  The foliage stems were die cut using various dies and I added a little of  Stampin' Up's Rose Metallic Thread before adhering the mermaid.  Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment