Wednesday, April 24, 2019

Meet Sandie

We finally got Sandie! Matthew has been volunteering with Hoof Woof Meow Animal Rescue for a few years.  I had been to a couple of their events and I always felt bad for the dogs that were posted on their Facebook page.  John and I decided we could do more than just feel bad for some of those dogs.  So, we have our first foster dog, Sandie.  She is a four year old beagle mix.  We were supposed to get her a few weeks ago, but she had intestinal parasites so the vet wouldn't release her for transport.  We picked her up on Saturday afternoon.  The really nice part, Sandie needed transportation from Rockford to Gilberts, IL.  Unknown to us, Matt went to Rockford to get her for the last leg of her trip.  It was a special surprise for us.  I have said it a lot, but I am so proud of my children.  They go beyond thinking of themselves.

Anyway, the little girl was quite skittish when we first met her.  In no time at all, she attached herself to John.  When he is not home, then she likes me!  She is a gentle dog and now the poor little girl will get heartworm treatment.  Once that is complete, she will be ready for adoption.  Until then, she is our little treasure.  Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment