Happy Monday! Of the new In colors released in our Annual catalog, the one color I do not especially care for is Sweet Sugarplum. But I decided to use a Sugarplum card base for a change. I recently used the White Shimmery cardstock and since it was on my counter, I used it again. I attempted to sponge a strip of color directly on to it using Sugarplum, Pool Party and Mint Macaron. They looked pretty together but I smudged the layer. I didn't want to waste the entire layer, so I trimmed it off and it became a strip for today's card. I stamped the image (In The Meadow) on a new Shimmery White layer and then stamped the sponged strip. I adhered that over the Shimmery White. The sentiment is from the Wetlands stamp set. Sweet Sugarplum is still not my favorite new In color, but it does look nice paired with Pool Party. Have a great day!
Monday, August 1, 2016
Sweet Sugarplum Thinking of You
Happy Monday! Of the new In colors released in our Annual catalog, the one color I do not especially care for is Sweet Sugarplum. But I decided to use a Sugarplum card base for a change. I recently used the White Shimmery cardstock and since it was on my counter, I used it again. I attempted to sponge a strip of color directly on to it using Sugarplum, Pool Party and Mint Macaron. They looked pretty together but I smudged the layer. I didn't want to waste the entire layer, so I trimmed it off and it became a strip for today's card. I stamped the image (In The Meadow) on a new Shimmery White layer and then stamped the sponged strip. I adhered that over the Shimmery White. The sentiment is from the Wetlands stamp set. Sweet Sugarplum is still not my favorite new In color, but it does look nice paired with Pool Party. Have a great day!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
-
So how cute is this little candy purse? A while ago I had seen something similar, but this is the first chance I had to make one myself. On...
-
Many of you know that I have a tremor and recently it has gotten worse. My handwriting is awful and coloring is getting harder and frustra...
-
Here is my entry for Denami's Challenge. I used Denami's Flower Vine Swirl inked wth my SU Tempting Turquoise, Pixie Pink & Gab...
No comments:
Post a Comment