Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Tropical Tweets

I don't know about you, but when I was a kid a new coloring book and a box of crayons was a treasure.  My sister and I used to spend hours coloring and we so enjoyed it.  Well, according to an
article in Sunday's Tribune Parade magazine, coloring is this summer's hottest trend. Coloring is a great stress buster.  When coloring you use both the right and left sides of your brain and get totally absorbed instead of being stressed out.  There are even adult coloring books out there with subjects such as animals, paisley designs, etc.  So today I am posting a card on which I colored, a card I created for Jenny last week.  The stamp set is Avery Elle's Tweet, Tweet used together with the dies that match.  The card design is one I saw on Pinterest.   All of the pieces were heat embossed using Versafine black ink and clear embossing powder.  The Copic markers were great for making very bright, cheerful birds. I cut a Daffodil Delight circle and sponged Tangelo Twist ink around the edges.  After adhering the bird perch, I placed the tropical birds on the perches, added the sentiment and musical notes and flowers.   The next time you are feeling really stressed, find a picture to color, grab some colored pencils or markers or crayons and spend a little time coloring!  Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment