Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Pretty Little 3x3's

Have I mentioned that I like Pistachio Pudding card stock and ink?  I am sure I did and here are two little cards I made using Pistachio Pudding~~one with Strawberry Slush and the other with Soft Sky.  The image on the Soft Sky gift card is from a new set, Label Love, and coordinates with a new punch, the Artisan Label punch.  The Strawberry Slush card is much prettier in person as the color is not this orange.  The sentiment is from the Petite Pairs stamp set which carried over to the new catalog (yeah).  I do not have any Pistachio ribbon, so I dyed white baker's twine using a drop of the Pistachio reinker and water.  But the highlight of this card is the little flower embellishment.  The flower was created using a new white clay product that I also dyed with Pistachio reinker.  Once the color was kneaded evenly in the clay, I put the clay into a clay mold.  After the flower dried, I popped it out of the mold and adhered it to the tag using a mini glue dot.   I learned that you can also mold the flowers white and then paint them using reinker.  Well, we are supposed to have a beautiful 80 plus degree day here, so I am off to enjoy it.  Have a wonderful day, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment