Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Make A Wish

Did you ever pick a dead dandelion and blow on it while making a wish?  We  did and we would blow those seeds all over the place while making our wish.  Of course now I know those are weeds so while my parents were keeping up with weed control, all of us kids were spreading more--lol!  For you young followers, weed control back then was digging up the little dandelions using a tool--no lawn care company spraying chemicals to get rid of them!   And sometimes, we would even get a penny for each dandelion we dug up!   Today's card is reminiscent of those days. While the colors of the "weeds" are much prettier on the card than when in the yard, it is a clever connection between the sentiment and the image (if I say so myself--lol) for a birthday card.  I used the Summer Silhouettes and Sweet Essentials stamp sets together with Baja Breeze & Certainly Celery inks.  I stamped off when stamping the sentiment using the Certainly Celery ink and it is too light.  Next time I will not stamp off first. A cute card to post on a very windy morning!  Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment