Monday, January 7, 2013

MDS2+

 I started playing with Stampin' Up's My Digital Studio software beginning with watching some of the videos on www.mydigitalstudio.net.  After watching videos, I broke down and ordered the MDS 2+ software.  You can download the software, but I wanted the disc together with digital content valued at $500.  I spent the other day playing and the photo shows some of the images I cut out using my Cricut and Sure Cuts A Lot software.  In the past, in order to get the layers for some of the punches, like the Decorative Label punch or the Top Note die, I had to punch or die cut the image, scan it into my computer, save it and then import it to my SCAL program.  Well with MDS2+, once I pull up a punch or even a brush stamp image, I am able to "export to SVG" and save in a folder.  The two trucks are images from a retired set, On The Go; onesies from a Celebrate Any Day set; small white tree is from the Spooky Bingo Bits; and I used "punches" for the border. There is going to be quite a bit of  trial and error. For example, the hearts are from a retired stamp set, but were not solid as I thought. I ripped off one side of a heart outline.  I have a lot to learn in order to take advantage of everything MDS2+ has to offer, but I will continue to watch the videos and learn more.  In the meantime, I have been using MDS to create my Christmas scrapbook pages for this year.  Eventually I will get them printed using SU's printing services and when I do that, I will post a couple of the finished products.  Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment