Friday, January 11, 2013

Make A Wish

There have been a few inquiries as to how the "WISH" card on page 26 of the Spring Mini was created.  I personally could never cut anything that evenly using scissors so I decided to see what I could do using MDS2+ and my electronic die cutter.  I was
able to import the letters from the software onto my cutting mat.  After a few tries (at least a few) the white cardstock is the negative space that was left once the letters were cut and removed.  I ran that thru the Big Shot to emboss it, used an Edgelit for the decorative bottom edge and then used the coordinating embossing folder on the Raspberry Ripple.  I have horrible handwriting and do not have a stamp that says "make a".  So I typed the phrase into the MDS program, changed the color to Cherry Cobbler and when it was printed, cut it out using one of the Itty Bitty Framelits and adhered it to the card using a little brad.  I like the finished product and now I have the letters to make another card. Have a great weekend and find yourself a little stampin' time!

No comments:

Post a Comment