Saturday, March 31, 2012

Stained Glass Technique

Today's card is another example of stamping on vellum. For this particular technique, you stamp the image on vellum using Versamark, cover with embossing powder and heat. Once that is done, you flip the vellum over and color in the image on the reverse side of the vellum. The photo on the right is the embossed flower which has been colored in using a Pretty In Pink marker (against white cardstock). You can see that the flower took on the color of the Melon Mambo when added to the card front. Had I used blue cardstock, the flower would be a light shade of purple; yellow the flower would be a shade of orange, etc. When I think of stained glass, I picture the stained glass my mother-in-law donated to her former church in Schaumburg. It is circular and a very beautiful piece of artwork. So when I decided to try the stained glass technique, I pulled out my old nesting circles (not SU) and Big Shot to make a frame for the flower. Before adhering the frame to the vellum, I embossed the frame with the Stripes embossing folder to give it a little texture. I adhered the frame to the card front, stamped and embossed the sentiment with white embossing powder and tied it all up with retired Stampin' Up ribbon. A little side note: adhesives show thru vellum, so add your glue/adhesive to the section of the vellum that will be hidden under the frame. The image is from Fifth Avenue Floral and the sentiment is from A Word For You. That's it for today! Have a wonderful weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment