Monday, March 15, 2010

Weekend Rubber Stamp Show

Over the weekend I attended a rubber stamp/paper-crafting show in St. Charles, IL. It was great as I spent the day with my daughter and her friend, Nikki, and my friend, Regina~~with all of us blowing our budgets~~LOL! One of the highlights of the show was meeting Nami from Denami Designs and her husband, Gary. She had a great selection of rubber stamps that she designs and other supplies. And yes, I did purchase some of her products. Those of you who read my blog or know me~~know my love for anything tropical. She had a tiki stamp which just screamed my name! (I heard others calling my name, but I pretended I did not here them!) I created this card using that stamp. There is room under the bow for a sentiment, but I just have not decided which one to use. Due to my unfaltering favoritism of SU! cardstock and ink, I again used my Melon Mambo/Green Galore color combination along with SU's embossing powder, ink and markers to color in the little tiki hut and palm trees. Speaking of markers, we also learned about and played with Copic markers. Prior to getting my SU! markers, I had purchased about 10 individual Copic markers and I liked using them. But I purchased the SU! markers as I could get a whole set for far less than I would pay for Copics. I still am satisfied with my decision and in my opinion, one of the best purchases I ever made thru SU. A little hint for those of you who like to color in your images (and I am sure many of you already know this), if you emboss your image before coloring it, it is much easier to stay inside the lines. Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment